WELCOME TO DAAYO
The Dallas Asian American Youth Orchestra (DAAYO) is a non-profit youth orchestra that provides music students in the DFW area an opportunity to play classical music in an ensemble setting. The music we play is mostly western classical music, but we also include in our performances a selection of classical music drawn from Asian composers and sources. These pieces include both traditional and modern pieces with origins in China, Japan, Korea and other East Asian countries – hence our name. The orchestra is open to all students in the north Texas area.
WHO CAN JOIN
Everyone! Our name is just a reflection of our founders’ heritage and the fact that we play some classical pieces inspired or drawn from Asian sources.
We have four orchestras and a chamber music program. Our orchestras are:
- String Explorers (SE): A beginning strings ensemble for students with about 1-2 years of experience.
- Junior Strings (JS): A string ensemble for students with 2-4 years of experience and who are comfortable playing in 1st through 3rd positions.
- Concert Strings (CS): An intermediate string orchestra for students with 3-5 years of experience and who play the 1st through 3rd positions with ease.
- Philharmonic (PO): A full orchestra comprised of strings and winds. Repertoire includes advanced graded literature and some professional literature.
- Symphony (SO): Our most advanced full orchestra. Professional repertoire, collaborations with soloists and other arts groups are features of this group.
Our chamber music ensembles give interested students an opportunity to play in small ensembles and hone their musicianship while performing in intimate settings. This group often performs at various community service events throughout the region.
We want to acknowledge and thank our sponsors and partners for their continued support.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Sign up for our newsletter to receive uodates on concerts, special events & audition info
The Dallas Asian American Youth Orchestra runs on support by generous individuals and corporations like you.
If you have enjoyed our concerts, please consider becoming a friend of DAAYO through your donation. DAAYO is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible. DAAYO gratefully acknowledges the sponsorship from City of Plano, City of Richardson and City of Dallas through their respective arts grants.
DAAYO receives approximately 1/2 of its operating budget from our wonderful students through their tuition payments. Our other 1/2 of operating revenue comes from grants, individual and corporate donations.