We are currently accepting applications for our chamber program as well as select positions in our other orchestras. All auditions will be done via video submissions. (Rehearsals are in-person with appropriate safety measures in place). Read below for details
Audition Rounds and Deadlines
We audition all strings and winds (woodwind and brass) typically found in a full orchestra. If you play saxophone, piano or percussion/timpani, please register separately here to be notified of potential openings. All other instruments should use the button below.
Winter 2022 Audition Deadlines:
- We are currently accepting applications for our Chamber Program, with a deadline of 12/21/22. Info and Registration here.
- For all other groups, see registration below and inquire firstname.lastname@example.org for availability. (Deadline for all other groups is 12/31/22). (We have select openings available in our orchestras for the spring 2023 season, hence you must inquire at the email above for availability.)
- Make sure you download and read the instructions for video submission here.
- Remember to read our FAQ, as well as this entire page, before registering.
- Learn more about our various orchestras/levels through our videos on this website
- Specific audition requirements for each orchestra are located on this page (scroll down).
String Explorers: All Instruments (Strings)
Junior Strings: All Instruments (Strings)
Concert Strings: Viola. Inquire for other string instruments.
Philharmonic: Selected Winds, Limited Strings Openings. (Please inquire)
Symphony: Selected Strings and Winds. (Please inquire)
Chamber Program: Violins and Violas. Limited Cello/Bass openings. Scroll down to Chamber section below for details and separate registration.
Most applicants will follow a similar audition process of scales, etude, excerpt and sight-reading. Winds are an exception, see bottom of this page. If you do not make your desired group, we will consider you for another orchestra; however, we may require an additional audition. Space is limited and we highly recommend that you look at the required excerpts closely to determine your best potential fit.
All of our ensembles (with the exception of the Chamber Group) rehearse on Sunday afternoons (late August to May) at: 420 Maplelawn Drive Plano, TX 75075
The rehearsal times for each group are as below:
String Explorers (SE) (Strings Only): 5:00-6:30PM
Junior Strings (JS) (Strings Only): 2:00-3:30PM
Concert Strings (CS) (Strings Only): 1:30-3:15PM
Philharmonic Orchestra (PO) (Strings and Winds): 3:30- 5:30PM
Symphony Orchestra (SO) (Strings and Winds): 6:00-8:30PM
As a reminder, applicants should be in their school orchestra or band programs unless they are unavailable.
We are taking applications for the DAAYO Chamber Group for the 2022-2023 season! (Deadline: 12/21/22)
Our Chamber Group rehearses on Saturday afternoons from 1-3:00PM @ the same location above. (1 hour block per each chamber ensemble) Chamber Group Auditions will be held separately. We may hold open rehearsals during the beginning of the season for interested applicants.
Audition Preparation – All auditions will be via video submissions
1. Prepare all requirements for Junior Strings (including Etude and Excerpt) as noted above, as well as the below:
2. CS Excerpt: (measures 1-30 for all instruments) Violin 1 | Violin 2 | Viola | Cello | Bass (Violins can pick either excerpt depending on what section they wish to join. Harps – please still use JS etude as above).
3. Concert String Scales – (Replace Junior String Scales)
Violin – Bb Major, D Major *3 Octaves preferred.
Viola – F Major, D Major *3 Octaves preferred.
Cello – F Major, D Major *3 Octaves preferred.
Bass – G Major, F Major
Violin: A Major & Eb Major *3 Octaves required
Viola: Eb Major & G Major *3 Octaves required
Cello: Eb Major & G Major *3 Octaves required
Bass: Bb Major & D Major *2 Octaves required
Winds: See below
String applicants who wish to be considered for the Symphony need to prepare all of the above Philharmonic Requirements (Etude/Excerpt/Scale) as well as the following:
Wind Applicants – Philharmonic Orchestra and Symphony Orchestra
Wind Applicants for Philharmonic and Symphony Orchestra should prepare the following:
1. Scales: Winds – Submit a scale of your choice (up to 5 sharps/5 flats (major key only)). (2 or 3 octave)
2. Solo of your choice